United Way Seeks Community-Minded Leaders to Join Board of Directors
United Way Centraide North East Ontario - Thursday, 23 May 2019
Are you passionate about local issues? Do you want to use your skills and expertise to help others? If the answer is yes, we’d like to meet you! United Way Centraide North East Ontario/ Nord Est l’Ontario (UWCNEO) is currently recruiting community-minded leaders, passionate about driving social change, to join our volunteer Board of Directors.
UWCNEO is a volunteer-driven charity governed by a dedicated, diverse group of individuals who represent our community. Board Members:
- Represent United Way in the community
- Oversee mission and values compliance
- Develop/implement/measure strategic direction including goals and objectives
- Establish guiding principles and policies
- Authorize community investments
- Build relationships with community stakeholders
- One four-year term with an option of renewal
- Monthly Board meetings, committee meetings, events
- Board Orientation
- Building relationships with community stakeholders
United Way strives to ensure that our Board is reflective of our community. Recruitment strategies are based on several factors including geography, culture, gender, linguistics, skills and areas of expertise.
Interested applicants are encouraged to contact Linda Dupuis, Governance and Partnership Manager, to find out more about current opportunities.
Linda Dupuis, Governance and Partnership Manager
T: (705) 560.3330 ext. 222