We're Hiring a Data Specialist/Finance Associate
United Way Centraide North East Ontario - Tuesday, 21 July 2020
For almost four decades, United Way Centraide North East Ontario/Nord-est de l’Ontario has been a part of the social fabric that connects and mobilizes our community.
Our strength is bringing people together. Our efforts span the entire North East District as we address complex issues, invest in the most impactful programs, and advocate for our most vulnerable citizens.
The Data Specialist and Finance Associate will accurately and efficiently manage our constituent database (ANDAR) while providing administrative support to the Finance Department. This team member is responsible for maintaining data, providing training and support on database functions and executing data strategies and objectives to support resource development and financial processes.
We’re looking for someone:
- Minimum of three years demonstrated experience with relational database applications and CRM platforms
- Strong competency in Microsoft Suites and Simply Accounting
- Organized with an eye for detail to ensure that database standards, pledge entry, envelope reconciliation and envelope auditing are executed with accuracy
- Exceptional time management skills
- Strong interpersonal, relationship building and collaboration skills
- Self-directed with the ability to work well under stress, meet tight deadlines, and adapt easily to change
- Experience with HTML or SQL would be an asset
- Non-profit sector experience would be an asset
- Bilingualism would be an asset
- Lead the development and implementation of procedures to ensure best practices in data entry, reporting, and database integrity
- Maintain systems by performing regular technical and tactical functions, such as importing and exporting data, running rebuilds and troubleshooting
- Run queries, build data mining operations and set-up report parameters
- Maintain a set of daily, weekly, monthly and annual metrics that define and track data integrity and identify opportunities for improvement
- Train new and existing staff on database functionality and data standards
- Maintain the database’s online giving module, including the setup and management of specific workplace and national campaigns
- Provide administrative support to the Finance Manager as required with duties that include but are not limited to bank deposits, issuing tax receipts, collecting mail, ordering and filing
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume by Wednesday, August 12, 2020 at 4:00 p.m. to firstname.lastname@example.org